de-clutter your home
People nowdays tend to keep buying and collecting unnecessary things, which leads to problems with storage at home. Having a tidy and organized house, the one that looks like the photos in home magazines, brings calmer life, improves your wellbeing, and makes you feel good and relaxed at home.
Here are some simple tips that will help you organize every room of your home:
1. Get rid off everything what you don’t need and use anymore: Be disciplined about putting things away, throw out worn out things, or give to charity what is still in a good condition.
2. Buy less, and choose well!
3. Plan effective storage depending on your budget: Effective means planning a storage space depending on your layout, before you start shopping for your storage solutions.
Home improvement stores have many “do it yourself” options for those who have tighter budget, and are handy enough to assemble all components to set up the storage solutions themselves.
Places like Ikea have lots of affordable, already made storage options, plus the systems which you can plan regarding to your floorplan, and install at home.
If you can afford, hire a specialist, or an interior designer to help you with planning and organizing storage space, according to your needs and space possibilities. For best result, you can hire a proffesional who can make custom made storage compartments for you to utilize space best.
Images bellow show you some wonderful storage solutions in different spaces and corners that we have in our homes, but maybe don’t see them:
1. Store things that you often need, but don’t want to necessarily see them all the time into your coffee table:
2. Decorative trunk can be used as a coffee table, bench, etc, and at the same time as your storage compartment for many things!
3. Your headboard can serve as a room divider with plenty of storage space:
4. Under the stairs is usualy a lot of unused space, which can be transformed into a part of the room or a great storage solution. Here is one example:
5. Where do we put our electronics when we don’t use them? Here is a sleek I-pad storage station: